"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

TOUM, TOUM, TOUM, TOUM, TOUM-EY, TOUM, TOUM!!!

In case you do not know what the "heaven in your mouth" food known as Toum is, I will share.  It is a  Lebanese dip or spread made up of emulsified olive oil, crushed garlic, and lemon juice.  You may had this spread served with a giant plate of chicken or beef shawerma at your local Mediterranean or Lebanese eatery.  Some places make a decent Toum, others terrible.  But no one.... NO ONE....  makes a Toum like Zankou Chicken.  I know, I know, Zankou is a chain.... kind of like the McDonald's of the Mediterranean world.  But, it still remains fact (in my humble opinion) that Zankou makes the best Toum.  They use nothing but the three ingredients mentioned above, and they use the perfect amounts.  Zankou's Toum is so garlicky and lemony.  Pure perfection on my tongue.  And yep -- that's right -- you can add it to my growing list of pregnancy cravings.   I LOVE it.... so much in fact, I am considering a homemade attempt.  YIKES!!!  But the nearest Zankou is Glendale, and although Jason works in Glendale, it's such a pain in the booty to get it.  So, once I get up the energy, I think I will emulsify me some Toum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment