"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

IT HAS NOT BEEN EASY...

No..... that is not me..... obviously. But I thought that was a DAMN funny picture.  I mean....  I know 200lb men who can't deadlift like that!!!  And she looks to be about days away from birth.  Holy smokes.  That being said, I have been keeping up with my morning workouts.  It hasn't been easy.  First trimester exhaustion has left me little desire or energy to schlepp my exhausted butt over to Nana and Papa's gym at 7am for 40 minutes of weight training.  I try to go every day, working lower body and upper body on alternating days, but I seem to be able to manage 5 days a week.  Except for Thanksgiving week and weekend as I was busy getting ready for the Holiday and then slipped down a stair and strained by neck on Black Friday.  Thank God for my chiropractor!!!  He fixed me up good as new.  So, now I am back to pumping the iron, and looking forward to getting a little energy back in the second trimester.  It would be nice to finish a workout feeling energized, rather than drained.  I have also been trying to remember to do a full body stretch at night and my Tupler Tummy Exercises.  I haven't been quite as responsible about keeping on top of these, but I am determined to make it a habit. I want to be nice and limber for the labor and birth and I want to help keep my transverse strong and mostly closed, in hopes of preventing another abdominal tear.  It was so excruciating and heartbreaking not to be able to take care of my little baby Miles.  This time I have TWO big boys to care for and I want to do everything I can to protect my abdominals.  So Tupler and I have to get her done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment