"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, November 23, 2012

THIRD PREGNANCY AND THIS STILL BLOWS MY MIND....


I was reading over "The Bumps" descriptions of this week in pregnancy and this turned me into a weeping ball of pregnant blubber.  
your baby at 10 weeks
  • Baby has working arm joints, and her cartilage and bones are forming.
  • Her vital organs are fully developed and they're starting to function.
  • Her fingernails and hair are starting to appear, too.
  • Plus, she's swallowing and kicking in there. (Can you believe it?!)
When people ask how far along I am I get self conscious.  I feel silly saying 10 weeks.  I am ONLY 10 weeks.  Like 10 weeks is still nothing.  But then I read this and I realize that in only 10 short weeks my little June Bug has gone from a rapidly developing yolk sack, to an embryo, to a nearly fully formed .14oz fetus.  He/She has arms and legs that are kicking and flailing and organs that are fully developed and  starting to function.  I imagine that he/she's face is already starting to resemble what they will look like when they come home to us.  At 10 weeks there is nothing insignificant or "too early" about this little baby.  It blows my mind to think that at 10 weeks he/she is forming the finger nails that I will gently clip to protect their face from spastic little newborn nerves.  This melts me.... completely.  This gives me all of the permission I need to rub my little 10 week belly, in full view of the public, without any hesitation that I am indeed loving on my little baby boy or girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment