"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

PARTIAL PLACENTA PREVIA

Just thought I would elaborate, in a separate post, on Dr. Samadi's diagnose of my partial placenta previa.  As you can see in the picture, there a three types of previa.  I have the middle one, partial placenta previa, although my placenta is not covering the cervix quite that much.  My placenta is somewhere between partial and low lying.  This is VERY good news, as it means that as my uterus grows up and out, the placenta will move up with it.  The likelyhood that this will result in fixed previa and c-section is virually nil.  The other really good news is that I have not experienced any of the bleeding that can be associated with placenta previa, but I am still taking it easy and have quit ALL exercising for the time being.  We have an appointment with Dr. Samadi at 22 weeks to check on the status of the previa and to see Everly's heart anatomy.  I will update for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment