"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2013

A HOME BIRTH MUST HAVE (FOR ME)

My home birth attire "tastes" become more and more specific with each birth.  With Miles I stopped off at Ross Dress for Less and picked up a knee length, t-shirt style, night-gown to labor and birth in.  With Lennon I splurged and purchased a maternity gown from the company Pretty Pushers.  It was lovely and had a tied up front that could be untied for whatever medical reasons.  THIS time I am salivating over the handmade Kaftans and Kimono Robes on Etsy. They are so perty and some of the vendors even offer matching slippers.  The Kimono's (like the one pictured) are great because they are just a robe that can be opened easily for immediate access. The kaftans do not open in the front, but neither did the gown I wore while in labor with Miles.  We made it work.  The biggest issue I am having is deciding between all of the beautiful options.  I still have some time and plan on waiting a little longer before making the purchase, but boy oh boy am I excited about this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment