"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, January 11, 2013

CALL ME CRAZY, BUT....



I am in LOVE with the idea of a Jenny Lind Crib for Everly's nursery.  I know that most people are opting to go with the oversized, ornate, fancy detailed cribs, and I do love those too (trust me -- there isn't much out there for girls that I don't swoon over), but the Jenny Lind is timeless, classic, and so dainty and feminine.  With all of the nursery planning that has been going on in my head since we found out that our bug is a girl, I have always envisioned a simpler crib, but we decided that we were just going to sand and repaint Miles' nursery furniture and repurpose it.  That is until we really got to thinking about the amount of work and time that would take.  So, I got to looking around on the net and came across the Jenny Lind!!!  My research on the Jenny Lind has led me down a new path of design and color ideas for the nursery and I am so excited to begin implementing everything.  Our original plan was to paint the walls a soft peach color, paint the furniture antique white, and decorate in bold pinks, yellows, aquas, lilacs, and go with a bird and owl theme.  I have come across several photos of mint or soft aqua blue walls with a black crib frame, white or grey accent furniture, black and white accents (like a rug ...drapes) and dashes of the colors peach, fuschia, lilac, throughout.  I am in LOVE with these pics and this new idea and I think I can definitely make it work with the handful of items we have already started to collect for the nursery.  I will still go with owls and birds!!!  We are so excited about getting started on turning our EXTRA room into Everly's beautiful new bedroom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment