"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

ANOTHER PRENATAL APPOINTMENT GONE AND DONE...

Our third appointment came and went (without incident) and we only have 10 more to go!!! LOL.  We actually only have 2 more monthly appointments left before we start our bi-monthly visits.  I love having a chance to visit with Renee more than once a month and I really love when I get to see her once a week.  Our 19 week appointment was smooth, smooth, smooth.  Nothing at all to report.  She did mention wearing a belly support band from here on out in order to help support the muscles and ligaments in my belly while I lift and take care of the boys.  I plan on getting on that.... I was planning on wearing one this whole time.  I haven't.  It's just not THAT comfy.  But..... I will.  We also chatted about the placenta previa and the fact that my placenta is also anterior.  That just means that my placenta is on the front of my uterus and that Everly's kicks and jabs may not feel as pronounced because she has the placenta as a punching bag.  Truth be told, I haven't noticed a decrease in the intensity.... she feels good and jabby!!!  Even daddy can feel her kicks.  I do plan on doing a little research to see if anterior placenta's are associated, at all, with back labor.  Just curious.  I'd like to know if I have a greater chance of being in even more excruciating pain.  LOL!!!  Let's see, what else.  Oh yes, lucky me, I do not have gonorrhea or chlamydia.  Big surprise there!!!  LOL.  My weight gain is great.  I put on the recommended 1lb. per week and am up 4lbs. since my last visit.  That puts me at a 9lb. weight gain (4lbs. if you only go by my pre-preg weight before I lost the initial 5lbs.) to date.  Renee was very pleased and we can expect another pound per week from here on out.  Holy cow.... that's 21lbs. more!!!  That's a lot of fluid and baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment