"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 18, 2013

FEELING ALRIGHT.... FOR THE MOST PART ;-)

At 5 1/2 months along this momma is feeling..... well, alright.  Some days are better than others, but the second trimester burst has been a bit non-existent in this third pregnancy.  I suppose it makes sense when you consider that all that "extra" energy I should be feeling is being used up by two very energetic and demanding little boys!  Another thing I have begun to realize is, despite my previous experience, my body is not getting stronger!!!  LOL.  This pregnancy thing isn't like working out.  Practice does not make perfect.  I have begun to understand that the more my body experiences pregnancy the more tired and "limp" my muscles and ligaments become.  This translates into a lot more tension, pressure, and body aches much earlier on.  The good news is that, despite my body hurting and feeling much further along than I am, my mood in this pregnancy is LEAGUES better than it was during my second.  My hormones are far more regulated and I am feeling generally happy and content. I do have moments (usually toward the end of a long week) when I feel less patient and loads more irritated and overwhelmed, but such is life with our two wild and crazy kiddos!!! My bump is really beginning to take on a whole new look, and boy oh boy am I NOT used to it.  With the boys my bump was super low and pointy, this time around the bump is growing UP rather than out (well at least for now).  This means that my core is bit more "trunk" like and I am already finding it difficult to finish a meal.  Small meals are my best friend these days.  I guess, for some people, it is really true that boy bumps and girl bumps can be different sizes and shapes.  I can't wait to see what the Everly bump turns out to look like.  The scale is moving up like it should and I am so glad for that, but despite a healthy and gradual increase I am beginning to "despise" the weight gain.  I always do.  I feel bloated and heavy and lumbering.  Having a teeny weeny human living inside mybody, taking up space, can make it hard to feel at home in my own body.  But, I try to remember that it is for an incredible reason and at the end of all this we will have our beautiful baby girl to show for it and I will be well on my way to getting back to feeling myself again.  For now, I am just going to try to be as gentle and loving to myself and my body, take it as easy as I can, and enjoy all of baby Evy's rolls and jabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment