"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

PUPPS OR PRURITIC RASH OF PREGNANCY....

I JUST COPIED THIS FROM OUR SHUTTERFLY PAGE. IF YOU ALREADY READ IT THERE..... SORRY....  I AM SO MISERABLE FROM THE RASH THAT I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO WRITE A SEPARATE POST!!!

It has been nearly 7 days nows since I developed what we thought was a contact dermatitis rash.  It started out mild and has since graduated to an all over, very severe and itchy rash.  It was so bad last night that I could not sleep and we finally called in a visit with our backup OB Dr. Yasharpour.  Turns out that it is either PUPPS or a Pruritic Rash associated with liver function.  The blood work will be back either tomorrow or Monday and then we will know for sure.  Neither rash is life threatening to me or our little girl.  We are both safe except for the part where I feel like I am going to die or lose my mind from the insane itching.  Dr. Yasharpour does not think that we will need to induce early and that really the only way for this to clear up is for baby to be born.  He did note, optimistically, that because of the stress that the rash is causing me and my body that it is most likely Everly will come early.  He guesstimates she will arrive in about 4 to 4 1/2 weeks. That puts her arriving right about when we had hoped.  We are definitely keeping our fingers crossed.  4-4 1/2 weeks is still a long time to have to live with this rash, but it is so much more doable than the 6-8 we could have to wait if she comes on time or late.   For the time being I am guzzling gallons of dandelion tea to help my liver detoxify and taking benadryl and zyrtec alternately.  I go in for a non-stress test tomorrow to monitor Everly and make sure that she really is doing fine and I will likely go in for a non-stress test again in a week or 2 and another 2 weeks after that.  Dr. Yasharpour is confidant that she is fine, but he ordered the tests to put my mind at ease. Jason and I are a little on edge about mine and Everly's safety so this is all a big comfort to us.  I will update when we get the blood work back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment