"Every child begins the world again."

-Henry David Thoreau
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

28 WEEKS/7 MONTHS PREGGO

Well hello my old friend the THIRD TRIMESTER.  It has been a long time, but we meet again.  I can officially say that I have made it to the third trimester, but the truth is that the third trimester discomfort and pain started 4 weeks ago!!!  But 28 weeks is a major milestone that means we have nearly only 80 days left and have been launched into the slowest downhill race of our 2013 year.  Before we know it our little girl will finally be home in our arms and we will be starting the next chapter in our lives as a family of 5.  I can't believe how much I love saying that.  Every time our brood grows I feel fuller and fuller in my heart and more and more complete.  I am also really looking forward to getting my body back and being able to care for the boys the way  they need and want me to.  It's so heartbreaking to hear "momma PLEASE pick me up.... PLEASE" and having to explain to those big beautiful pleading eyes and faces that mommy can't while she's pregnant, but that mommy won't be pregnant for much longer.  They have been so understanding, but I miss carrying ALL my babies around.  Even my 3 year old baby Miles!!!  He misses it the most.  So, at 28 weeks in I can say that this pregnancy has taken it's toll on my body.  Lots of physical pain and discomfort.  But overall it has been a beautiful and blessed pregnancy with lots of amazing prenatal care and a beautiful healthy baby girl growing like a weed.  I have reaped many benefits of pregnancy (amazing hair, fantastic breasts, keener intuition, a greater connectdness to my family and amazing hubby) and have been incredibly happy for the most part.  I want to try to remember those blessings in the coming weeks as Everly puts on more and more weight and I begin to feel heavier and slower and as my breathing becomes more labored.  As my internal varicosities begin to scream with searing pain I am going to to try to recall the beautiful moments along this pregnancy path and appreciate the fact that I do have the incredible honor and blessing of carrying and growing our third wonderful child.  Here's to a pretty darn good pregnancy and the 80 teeny tiny days left of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment